Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Going to Subic Via SCTex

Last Saturday, we've traveled to Subic and it's the first time my Kia Picanto drove to the north and my first also. We drove to NLEX and the roads are far much better compared to SLEX. I've enjoyed driving through NLEX and I got to admit that I drove beyond the 100Km/h speed limit and I'm glad I was not caught...hehehe..

We exited at Dau and there we entered SCTex or the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway. Driving through NLEX was a good experience but driving in SCTex really amazed me. The road was consisted of 2 lanes on both sides and the scenery was beautiful. There are hills that have been carved out to make the road pass through it.








There are only few cars in SCTex and some cars are really FAST! I also tested the speed of my Kia Picanto and I have reached 150Km/hr on my speedometer. I think this speed was the maximum for the picanto because the engine sounds differently upon reaching 150Km/hr and the RPM reached 5000. I took a picture of my meters but I only got a clear shot on reaching beyond 140Km/hr.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to hear your side in grupotoyota.....

nice car indeed!

-u_make_me_wanna

mojacko_26 said...

sir am a kia picanto user and i might help you with your sound set up

check mo po ito

http://www.grupotoyota.com.ph/board/viewtopic.php?t=83705&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0


hope this helps.. you can pm me sa grupotoyota. my handle is mojacko_26 or through ym same handle.. hoe to hear from you and can guve you a hand..

mojacko_26

Bino said...

thanks mojacko_26. I will surely need help when I add an amplifier and a bigger subwoofer on my picanto. I'll just need to save some $$$ for the upgrade first.hehehe.

benbustillos said...

My Picanto... overnight we decided to go to Bguio d following day.At 7a.m. we were entering Nlex.My wife, 2 grandson 3 & 9 & my Big brother. Wife & I were medium built. Nlex then SCtex at 100 - 125 oops... back to 120 or 100 kph. With some stops in between, we're at Baguio via Kennon at little past 12noon. Relax na relax c Kia... that was on April 22, 2010. Picanto was then 2yrs.& 1 mo. old. We spend Php 2000 for gas (Petron Extra) with around 1/5 more left when we arrived home at Binangonan. Bus fare is PhP 430 0r P3440 for all of us , if ever. Now May 10, i'm checking my Picanto... coolant lessened by approx 1/3 cup... im also changing oil, just now and that wow... Next to my family, I love my Picanto... she's my 4th car.